People with dry skin like me always look for products that deeply moisturize our skin however, living in a tropical country like Philippines, wearing moisturizers is a bit heavy specially during daytime. But today I will be reviewing a product that was raved by many beauty bloggers because of its non-greasy yet very moisturizing formula and instantly become a cult favorite which is none other than, the Huxley Secret of Sahara Cream: Anti-Gravity.
Huxley is a Korean skincare brand that takes skincare to the next level. This brand incorporates cactus seed oil as their star ingredient to all their products that targets protection and hydration for a more healthy looking skin and with that, they easily become a skincare sensation all over Korea and now, the world.
I personally wanted to try all their products out but they aren’t that cheap you know! But I’m glad that I was able to get my hands on one of their bestselling moisturizer which is the Secret of Sahara Anti-Gravity Cream. I bought mine a year back for only P960 from Go Bloom and Glow. I believe it was on sale when I bought it.
- PLANT VITALIZIN Vitality, Antioxidant
- SC-GLUCAN Skin regeneration, Skin barrier reinforcement
- HYALURONIC ACID Hydration retention, Suppressing free radicals
- HYDROGENATED LECITHIN Improves skin texture, Skin elasticity improvement
This 50ml Huxley Anti-Gravity cream is housed in a frosty glass jar which looks expensive and beautiful. To keep the product clean, this also comes with a little spatula to scoop the product out instead of using our fingers. I must say that I am so in love with all Huxley product packaging in general. It’s elegant and beautiful and that makes me think that they are really serious in giving their customers nothing but best quality.
Texture and Scent
Texture is quite unique. It’s thick, rich and buttery but easily melts onto the skin once applied. As for the scent, it has the Huxley signature scent which smells very clean and fresh, almost like a fresh grass scent with a hint of rose that is really refreshing and relaxing.
What it claims
- This Anti-gravity cream is supposed to give protection to the skin against various environmental stressors; free radicals, pollutants and moisture loss that causes aging.
- Helps moisturize our skin with it’s cactus seed oil as it’s main ingredient and firm our skin during the process.
- It is Hypoallergenic and is free of parabens, sulfates, mineral oils or synthetic dyes making it perfect for all skin types.
I have been using this Anti-Gravity Cream as my night time moisturizer for over 10 months now and I have nothing but good words about it. I have dry skin on most areas of my face specially during rainy and cold season and my skin usually becomes flaky and shiny because of extreme dryness but this cream saved my skin. It keeps my skin hydrated, dewy and plump and I couldn’t stop touching my skin the next morning I wake up.
I’ve also used this cream a few times on day time when I didn’t have a morning moisturizer. First I was worried it’ll suffocate my skin because of its rich texture but gladly, it didn’t. It leaves a semi-shiny finish upon application but totally not oily looking and it isn’t too heavy to wear day and night. In fact, it gives extra comfort to the skin and gives a layer of protection against pollutants and various environmental stressors which I think is great specially for regular commuters like me. Another thing I love about this cream is that it spreads evenly on the skin making it easy for me to do a facial massage every night.
- Minimalist but very elegant packaging. It looks expensive even.
- The product smells wonderful and refreshing.
- Formulated free of parabens, sulfates, mineral oils or synthetic dyes making it perfect for all skin types.
- Rich in anti-oxidant and anti-aging ingredients that hydrates and firm the skin.
- It absorbs quickly and hydrates my face all day long without greasiness.
- Adds a layer of protection against against various environmental stressors; free radicals, pollutants and moisture loss that causes aging and skin damage.
- A fret cream for cold season and heavily air-conditioned rooms to keep up with skin dryness.
- My skin loves it and I didn’t break out nor get any skin irritation
- This is on a pricier side which cost ranges around P1000-1500 / $20-$28 but a little goes a long way and the product would last for couple of months.
- No enough product details on the box and the jar. Details are written in Korean and I had to research online to get the list of the ingredients.
My skin is dry and dull and it badly needs moisture and Huxley Anti-Gravity cream is my skin’s best friend. It truly lives up to its promise in giving our skin that extra protection and long-lasting hydration while firming and reducing signs of aging. I always wake up in the morning with my skin looking healthier, supple, and hydrated. No doubt that it is sold out fast despite of it being a little expensive. I’d say the price is worth it. I would recommend this product to those people with normal, combo and dry skin and trust me, your skin will love it! However, this can be just a little heavy to to those with oily skin but probably depends on the level of oily you skin is. If this is too much for your skin, the best option is the Huxley Fresh and More Cream which has a lighter formula yet moisturizing as well.
So that is it for today’s blog post. Which moisturizer is your favorite specially this cold season? share it with me in the comments section below. I’d love to hear your experiences as well.
This is not a sponsored post and I am no way compensated for this review. I bought the products using my own money and I am also no skin expert and it’s best if you will seek professional advise.